Rolling River Day Camp News & Blog
Posted March 22, 2013 by Marissa Goodman
Join us for the much-anticipated 2013 Rock-the-River Festival on Saturday, April 20th from 12:00-4:00pm!
Presented by Local Luxuries, the monthly publication that highlights exquisite merchants and services.
The Festival is open to the public and this year’s family-friendly event features:
- Many Carnival Rides and Inflatable Slides and Games
- Fun-Filled Pony Rides
- Concert Performance by girls music group Lucki Gurlz (2:15pm)
- Extensive Crafts and Vendor Fair featuring dozens of vendors selling food products, collectibles, toys, clothing, accessories, jewelry, cosmetics and more!
- Face Painting with Rainbow Rosie
- Arts & Crafts with Macaroni Kid of Oceanside/Long Beach/RVC
- Dance Performances by students from The Dance Space
- Open Playgrounds and Gymnastics Activities
- Interactive Dancing hosted by femcho
- Hands-On Show and Demo Performance from Mad Science LI
- Food/Refreshments provided by Del Mir Caterers
- Hawaiian-themed shaved ice truck from Kona Ice
- Giveaways and Activities from Sponsors such as Temple Am Echad, Astoria Federal, Power Home Remodeling, NEFCU, Green Art Plumbing Supply and More
- Raffles including the chance to win a free children’s birthday party at Rolling River Day Camp
- Summer Camp Open House, Tours and Special “On-the-Spot” Festival Discounts
General admission into the festival is free and ride tickets are available for sale on the day of the festival. Ride tickets can be purchased for $3 per ticket or $10 for unlimited rides. All proceeds collected for rides, raffles and food are donated directly to The Campmates Program.