Skipper Division (Ages 2-5)
Jump to: Activities | Special Events | Sample Schedule
The Rolling River Skipper Division includes campers ages 2-5 (toddler to kindergarten). Outstanding adult supervision, an intimate environment, and flexible program offerings provide the perfect balance for a smooth introduction to camp.
Grouping: Skipper campers are assigned camp groups based on their age.
- Each group of approximately 15 campers is supervised by a dedicated adult head counselor and 3 assistant counselors, all who genuinely enjoy working with our youngest mates.
- The camper to counselor ratio in the Skippers never exceeds 4:1. CITs (or counselors-in-training) provide additional supervision per group. We do not count CITs in our camper to counselor ratio.
- Our Divisional Supervisors and counselors work closely with parents to monitor progress and obtain feedback through effective, ongoing communication.
Program: Skipper groups utilize the entire campus to participate in both instructional and creative play programming.
- Groups are assigned air-conditioned classrooms to use as a home base
- A typical Skipper schedule introduces campers to indoor and outdoor activities in athletics, aquatics, movement and creative arts. All Skipper campers participate in morning swim instruction and an afternoon free swim in the Junior Pool.
- The Skipper camp facilities, including Skipper Stadium, Sandbar & Seascape Playgrounds and Junior Pool, are all designed with smaller size in mind.
Flexible Options: Flexibility is the most important characteristic of the Skipper Division program.
- Rolling River offers Skipper campers the choice of 4, 6 or 8 weeks, 3 or 5 days per week and mini or full day.
- Customization allows parents to satisfy the individual needs of their young child and ensure a successful first camp experience, as well as continuous future experiences.
Our Skippers enjoy many of the activities that our older campers do, just at their own pace!
Skipper Division Activities
- Arts and Crafts at Skipper Scribbles
- Ceramics at Pottery Pier
- Music at River Country
- Puppetry at River Country
- Interactive drama at Hidden Treasures
- Woodworking at Hammerhead Haven
- Miniature golf at Lagoon Links
- Martial Arts at the Mooring
- Dance and Movement at Ocean Motion
- Gymnastics at Tumbling Tides
- Creative play at The Sand Bar
- Pebble Beach playgrounds
- Scaled down athletic activities
- Skipper Stadium
- Boating at the Rolling River Marina
- Nature at the Coral Reef
- Cooking at The Galley
- Storytelling at the Main Deck
Skipper Division Special Events
- Interactive game shows
- Interactive musical activities
- Petting Zoos
- Puppet Shows
- Interactive story telling
- Fun-filled field days
- Themed days such as Western Day, Halloween Spooktacular, etc.
- Rolling River Spirit Week featuring Song and Plaque presentations
- Steve Max Simon Sez
- Lou Del Bianco “Around the World” show
- Green Eggs and Ham Day
- Teddy Bear Picnic
- Bowling trip
- Long Island Puppet Theater trip
- Pump It Up tripSample Skipper Schedule
Sample Skipper Schedule
- 9:00 – 9:15 – Arrive at Camp
- 9:15-9:30 –Cast off for an exciting day (line-up)
- 9:30- 10:00 – Gymnastics/ “Tumbling Tides”
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Sand Bar Playground
- 10:15 – 11:15– Cabana and Instructional Swim
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Arts & Crafts
- 11:45 – 12:15 – Lunch
- 12:15 – 12:45 – Rest
- 12:45 – 1:15 – Field Games
- 1:15 – 2:15 –Cabana and Free Swim
- 2:15 – 2:30 – Snack
- 2:30 – 3:00 – Puppetry
- 3:00- 3:30 – Boating
- 3:30 – 3:45 – Pebble Beach Playground
- 3:45 – 4:00 – Reeling in – It’s time to go home (line-up)
- 4:00 – 4:15 – Depart to Buses